Okay I live in a pretty small town, Strathroy's population is about 20,000, so really small compared to London and Sarnia. Our town is actually known as a "Hick town," because it isn't out of the ordinary for someone to drive a tractor to school. In fact people drove tractors to prom! Now don't get me wrong we don't all live on farms, I live in a suburb. Also we do have restaurants, and movie stores, but if we want to go shopping we have to drive into London. If we want to go to the movies we have to drive into London, or if we want to sit out and get some sun, we usually all go to Grand Bend. Little kids pretty much go to school grounds to play on equipment, teenagers have to entertain themselves somehow, and adults, who knows how they entertain themselves in Strathroy. I think you might be starting to catch my drift on how boring this town can actually get.
My friend Ashley had her 18th birthday party last night, just a couple of friends came over, we sat around a fire making smores, and doing other things that teenagers usually do at parties. Then her mom said how she had some games for us to play. See me being 18, when she says games im thinking that pin the tail on the donkey which unfortunately I grow out of about 12 years ago. Then she says she was watching Ellen and got the idea from that. She reminds us of the game when there were two partners and they were both blindfolded, and one had to feed the other one ice cream while sitting behind them putting their hands through their arms. We got all ready for the game, I was playing with my friend Kristy, and she had to feed me. We had 1 minute to see how much we could all eat. Now the whole time she was shoving ice cream in my mouth, up my nose, and in my eyes I could not stop laughing, I actually thought I was going to throw up because I was laughing so hard while having a mouth full of ice cream and bananas. I have to say I did lose that round. We played again because it was actually really funny the first time. I was with my other friend Jessica being fed again... I did alot better this time, but still didn't win. It was honestly the funniest thing ever. Now if you are ever wondering what small towns do for fun.. you have a good idea now:)
Traduceri, contabilitate, scoala de soferi
15 years ago
great post kristi!! i like your blog. i hope you continue post more actities or different things ok, see you take care bye
ReplyDeleteI grew up in the city... but I had friends who lived in small towns. I can't say which lifestyle I preferred. The county kids seemed way more real than some of the city kids. You can't generalize with that kind of thing, but there's something about small towns that keeps people honest.
ReplyDelete