
We all know that celebrities have there 15 minutes of fame. Sometimes they have more, depending on how good of celebrity they are. Beyonce has been in the spotlight for a good 10 years and she has always maintained a level or normalcy to herself. Then he have stars like, Britney Spears, Backstreet boys, Eminem, etc. They are very popular when they come out, make a couple cd's that go platinum, go play at hundreds of concerts and award shows, then out of no where they just disappear. Well not so much disappear for Britney Spears because she stayed in the tabloids long after she went off the deep end. They stop making music though, a couple years pass and you hear about a comeback. Can celebrities truely have a successful comeback into the music industry?
I mean some people can do it, and do it well. Look at Eminem, his new cd is doing really well, but then there are people like the Backstreet Boys who disappear come back with a new cd, you hear maybe one song off the cd on the radio, then they disappear again, and so on and so fourth. Britney Spears is a prime example, she tried coming out with a new cd called "Blackout," with the infamous song, "Gimme more," well I think we can all say that cd bombed. It didn't help that she was going through a time with what seemed to be a mental breakdown. There were pictures of her in magazines attacking paparazzi, shaving her head, driving with her kids on her lap. So I can't say I expected anymore. Then she came out with her newest cd with hits, "Womanizer", "If you seek amy", and "Circus," and it seemed like she may have cleaned her act up. I guess what I am trying to say is should celebrities be content with what they have been successful with before and if that happens to fade out try again? There are so many bands and singers that have amazing voices but the more celebrities that are big right now try to make comebacks it isn't giving the people who are trying to get into the business any help. We can only handle so much, "Gimme gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimme more."
No comments:
Post a Comment